Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Winter Olympics

Greetings, live from Lillehammer, Norway. I've flown 5,000 miles from home to visit this beautiful town after being told that it is home to the Winter Olympics. In a first for the Original Sports Musings, I'll be bringing you live updates from the Olympic Village and throughout the town for the next 10 days or so. Let's get to it.

Today's update - I can see the Olympic Ski Jump from my hotel window. It appears to be very high. They don't seem to have any snow laid down for the ski jumpers, so I have to assume that event isn't until next week. There appears to be a quiet level of excitement in the town. Several local merchants are selling postcards that depict the Olympic Torch lighting and some other representative events. I can't see the Olympic flame from my window. Must be on the other side of the hotel. But with 18 hours of sun each day we should be in for an exciting 2 weeks of competition!

1 comment:

just the tibbetts said...

I can't wait for the next Olympic Momements brought to you by Chevy with Jimmy Roberts!