Thursday, May 21, 2009

Norwegian Update - Day 3

Day 3 and the coverage takes a serious note. A man was murdered a few blocks from my hotel. Apparently his girlfriend was recently released from a mental institution and stabbed him to death. There was a TV crew in the hotel today covering the story. I can only assume that it was this insane woman's presence that has caused the local security to hide away all of the Olympic athletes, who I still have not seen. I am encouraged though, as my hotel appears to be full of international travelers. I have to believe that they're here in anticipation of the great games, and that if I remain patient I will soon see the wonderous competition I've come here to observe.

I've discovered that there is a golf course within walking distance of the hotel. Tomorrow afternoon I will explore this course in my search for the Olympians. With a little luck I'll find one of these world class athletes and provide an interview for you all tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A stabbing, a golf course, and you're going to interview a world class athlete... I thought OJ was still a resident of the state of Nevada.